Drinking tea in or after the sauna can become a family ritual. It also makes practical sense, as some teas strengthen the immune system and aid recovery from respiratory illnesses. Tea must be brewed and drunk properly to maximize the benefits.
- To make drinking tea enjoyable and healthy, brew it keeping in mind a few rules:Brew tea in advance. The tea will brew better, the herbs will release their nutrients, and the taste will be fuller;
- Observe the proportions. Use about 5 g of black or green tea for every 150 ml of water. The rest of the ingredients can be added as directed or to taste;
- Brew your tea with good quality clean water. Boiling water is used to brew the tea. To consume, the desired amount of tea is poured into a cup and diluted with warm water;
- Allow time for the tea to brew. The first time you brew it needs about 10-15 minutes for the infusion. After this time you can add boiling water, but with each subsequent brewing it is better to wait a few minutes longer, as you lose the richness of the drink.
Types and recipes of teas
Teas for the sauna are selected according to personal preference and the purpose of consumption. To reduce the first symptoms of a cold, herbal or refreshing teas are suitable. If you want to lose weight, you can combine sauna, scrubs and special tea preparations for weight loss.
With mint and lemon balm
Black or green tea is brewed with mint or lemon balm leaves. The amount varies according to preference; the more herbs, the more pronounced the flavor.
It is possible to add both herbs at the same time. After 10-15 minutes of brewing, the tea is diluted with water and drunk. This tea has a calming effect and enhances emotional balance.
You can also brew it with herbs alone without adding black or green tea. In this case, the color will be less intense, but the aroma and flavor of the herbs will not be overwhelmed.
When brewing black or green tea, chamomile flowers are added in equal proportions.
You can additionally add one herb at a time:
- St. John’s wort;
When the tea is saturated with color and flavor, it can be drunk in a bath. Such a drink has anti-inflammatory properties and strengthens the immune system.
With currant and cherry leaves
Black or green tea is brewed as usual, adding currant and cherry leaves in a ratio of 1:2. It needs to be steeped for about 15 minutes.
It is better to drink it after sauna – it is a thirst quencher.
The following ingredients are needed for preparation:
- loose leaf black or green tea – 1 serving;
- linden flower – 1 serving;
- currant leaves – 1 serving.
Mix all the ingredients and pour boiling water for 15 minutes. It is better to drink this tea before bathing, as it has diaphoretic properties.
With honey and ginger
To make the drink you will need the following ingredients:
- fresh ginger -2 tbsp;
- honey – 2 tbsp;
- lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
Mix all ingredients and pour 0.5-1 l. of boiling water. Allow to infuse for 15 minutes. Can be used both before and after bathing. This drink speeds up metabolic processes, so it promotes weight loss.
To prepare the drink you will need:
- fresh, frozen or freeze-dried raspberries – 2-4 tbsp;
- rosehips – 2-4 tbsp;
- honey – 1 tbsp.
Mix everything and pour 0,5-1 l. boiling water. It will insist 30-45 minutes, so prepare it in advance. It is better to drink it warm after a bath.
You can brew ordinary green tea to lose weight in the bath. It has a mild diuretic effect and removes excess water from the body.
Vanilla tea to improve mood
Brew a medium strength green or black tea and add a vanilla stick. Wait 15 minutes and drink the tea warm, possibly with milk or honey.
Karkade for tonus
This version of the drink helps relieve fatigue and increase vitality.
The ingredients in this tea include:
- Carcade tea brewed at medium strength;
- Cinnamon + cloves + ginger 1/3 tsp;
- Mint 1 leaf or more, if desired.
Mix the ingredients, pour boiling water and leave for 10-15 minutes. After this time, prepare the drink by adding the resulting tea and water to the cup. It is possible to add sugar to taste.
How to properly drink tea in the sauna?
For the benefits and taste of bath tea to be top-notch, you need to drink it properly:
- Drink the tea slowly, without rushing. This better restores the water balance after significant fluid loss in the sauna;
- Drink no more than 1.5 liters. Drinking too much fluid increases the strain on the heart and can lead to edema;
- Drink lukewarm tea. Drinking too hot will overheat the body, drinking too cold can cause a sore throat;
- Don’t add too much sugar. Sugar causes fluid retention in the body, which, combined with high temperatures, is harmful.